Friday, February 28, 2014

One Step Closer...

So I did it.

Signed up for my first half marathon.

Disney's Wine and Dine Half Marathon, check it out!




So come November 8th, I will have reached my goal!

And with the new runDisney race a week later I will have the Coast to Coast medal as well!



Not gonna lie, when I first heard about the Avengers Half, I was like, "Yeah that sounds awesome but I don't think I'm going to do it."

But the more I thought about it, the more my thoughts went towards, "Hell yeah, I'm totes gonna do it!"

Yes, I say totes, deal with it.

I've even calculated out all of my time off I get for work this year and it works out. 

Also good news: I think I've convinced Pattserella and Shelila to run the Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k with me during Wine and Dine weekend so hooray!

I have been thinking even further ahead (I like planning things in case you haven't noticed) and I'm trying to decide if I should participate in Marathon Weekend, just run the 5k, 10k and half marathon to train for the Glass Slipper Challenge next year. They were the same courses for both weekends this year so I'm not sure if I want to run the same route twice in two months. But on the other hand, there's BLING! I love bling! I still have some time to think. But if I do both then I'll have run 4 half marathons in 4 months and that is a feather in my cap that I would quite like to have.

But before I can have that feather, I need to train! I did absolutely nothing this week which does not bode well for me. I'm doing the Gate River Run in two weeks with is 15k and goes over 2 rather long bridges. Time to buckle down!

What do you think? Should I register for the Marathon weekend races?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment