Saturday, June 21, 2014

Happy Friendaversary (A Month Ago)!

Happy, Happy Friendaversary, Happy, Happy Friendaversary, Happy, Happy Friendaversary to me to and
you and me and you!

That was the theme song of my weekend a few weekends ago because apparently I suck at blogging.

I met Pattserella 15 years ago. 15 years, man. Heavy.

But yeah. When we went to Disney a few weekends ago it was just for kicks. Pattserella had just gotten her
annual pass but had to deliver a wedding cake on Saturday morning so we decided to leave Saturday
afternoon and stay the night.

Coronado Springs was our resort of choice for several reasons: 1. It was the cheapest of the moderate
resorts. 2. The pool looked awesome. And 3. My old friend Ra-Shelly used to work there and her
Facebook updates always made me jealous of her awesome job.

One thing about Coronado Springs: It’s kind of spread out, so if you’re looking for a quick point A to
point B place this may not be the resort for you. Also, we stayed in a Rancho which was huge and kind of
maze like. I kept getting lost on my way to the room. But I might be am directionally challenged so that might be the issue.

We didn’t even decide to make it our Friendaversary until we went to the pool on Saturday evening.

I was being melodramatic and shouted “15 years, man! 15 years of friendship and this is how I get
treated!” after I got splashed. And thus, our Friendaversary began.

First stop: the ticket window to get Pattserella’s pass and to get Happy Anniversary buttons. Which we
wore around the park. When Pattserella went through bag check, the security guy was like “Who’s the lucky guy?” and she had to say, “Oh, it’s my friend Sarah. It’s our Friendaversary.” So people thought we were lesbians all night. It was kind of funny.

We got to ride Space Mountain twice and Splash Mountain twice (which is awesome in the dark by the
way. What is it with me and rides in the dark?). We actually hit pretty much every ride we wanted to in
just 5 or 6 hours that we were there. We didn’t ride Pirates of the Caribbean mostly because it broke
while we were in line and I didn’t feel like waiting. No Haunted Mansion either because we didn’t walk
that way.

We did witness a woman on Space Mountain at 12:20 am yelling at one of the cast members for not
letting them go on the fast pass side when they didn’t have fast passes. Rude. Hella rude. He eventually
just let her go but I wanted to apologize to him for her behavior cause that was pretty much the rudest
thing I have ever seen. People suck.

Day two was Epcot. We wanted to be out the door by 2 so we hit what we could and mostly just wandered around the World Showcase. And got the cinnamon glazed almonds that I love! And it didn't rain, so automatically a win over my last trip to Epoct.

The takeaway of all this? If you have a friend you've been friends with for a super long time, have a friendaversary, just be prepared for people to assume you're a lesbian. Also, write blog posts right after the event rather than a month later so that you can remember most of the details.

Have you ever celebrated a friendaversary?

1 comment:

  1. Happy friendaversary! Sounds like you had a blast, and I love Coronado Springs - it's the resort my husband and I stayed at on the Disney trip where we got engaged!

    ReplyDelete