Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Motivation Monday (On A Tuesday)

It always bodes well when a post that should have come out on Monday actually comes out on Tuesday. That’s motivational, yeah?


So this is motivation time. Where I work on motivation. To motivate myself to run. Yeah. 

Pinterest is always good for things like that. So I have a board just for running. And this is my Pin of the Week.


True story, right?

And I have found something to trick myself into running regularly: A Run Fund!

Every time I run I keep track of the mileage and I pay myself accordingly. So for every mile I run, I pay myself $2 and by the time I get to a big race – say, Wine and Dine for instance – I will have a good chunk of money to spend at the expo, guilt free. I’ll still buy stuff if I don’t have enough in my run fund but I’ll feel guilty about it and that’s no way to live, right? I have a few dollars saved up so far. Just from last week I’ve got $14. When my mileage starts to increase when I start training for Wine and Dine, I’ll be rich! And $2 is a small enough amount that I won’t even notice that my regular spending money is less than it normally is.

And I have set a few goals for myself this week as well.

1. 3 runs a week. I have made a deal with myself that I will run at least 1 mile 3 times per week. 1 week in and so far so good. I’m trying to keep it up for 6 weeks and then buy myself something awesome.

2. Start cross training. Running is great but it’s probably smart to try some other stuff as well. My brother has invited me to work out with him and his friends at his storage unit so I can do that or I might try out a DVD or maybe join a gym. We shall see I suppose.

So that is my Motivation Monday Tuesday. Next week it’ll be on Monday, I promise. 

What do you do to cross train? Any suggestions for me?

Happy Haunted 5k – 151 days | Wine and Dine Half Marathon – 186 days | Avengers Half Marathon – 194 days | Walt Disney World Half Marathon – 249 days | Disney Princess Half Marathon – 292 days 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! Found your blog via RAD today. Just wanted to stop by and say hi and that I am looking forward to following your running journey! I hope you'll stop by my blog at www.laurensglassslipper.com!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren! You're my very first commenter which makes you my new best friend! I checked out your blog and I love it so far! Thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete